Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Today's Adventure

Meg and I were on our way to visit the Thrift Store when we got a call from the school nurse.  Owen had fallen while playing soccer and hurt his arm.  So I decided to just pick him up.  It is one of those moments as a mom - when you just don't know what to do. Do I take him in or wait it out?  Well, after much prayer, deliberation and worry I just looked him straight in the eyes and said, "Buddy do you think deep in your heart it is broken or just bruised?" Without wavering he said, "Mom, it's broken."  So we headed to the doctor..... and he was right it was.  Thank goodness it is just a fracture.  We are now waiting to hear from ortho on whether or not he needs a hard cast.
Waiting to get some Motrin
His school picture for 2nd grade.  I am such a bad mom, I never buy school pictures.  I always just save this little picture that they send home.  School pictures are crazy expensive!
 
This week I saw a craft idea I thought Meg would love.  You take fabric puff paint and paint onto a plastic bag.  We put a picture inside the bag and then Meg would trace it using the puff paint.  Once you are finished you let it dry overnight and then peel it off and it makes a home-made window cling.  Meg loved this!
 
Another one of Meg's outfits.  I asked her what she would call this "look" and she replied with, "style and fashion!"
We went to a Fall Bazaar over the weekend.  Owen has wanted one of these little houses that you put a candle/light in since we got to Germany.  He always studies them carefully and says, "Mom aren't those just the coolest little houses."  Well, we let him pick one out as a souvenir from Germany.
This was his choice.  We put a little tea light candle in it and he asks me to light it up every night.  So funny to see what interest him.

No comments:

Post a Comment