Monday, March 4, 2013

It's the little things

Fresh bread makes us happy.  One of my favorite things about Germany is that you can go in most any grocery store in the morning and buy a fresh loaf of bread for a little over a dollar!  Meg and I have the timing down perfect and can always bring home a loaf that is still warm.
Books make us happy! We are on the last book in the Shiloh trilogy.  The kids and I will be sad when we finish this series.  They are the best books about a boy and his dog.  Pascal surprised us and ordered the DVDs.  On Friday night we had a pizza and movie night!  I love how when I am reading Owen will cover his eyes when it is suspenseful, and how they hang on every word and ask me questions through out the day about the characters and plot.  I am so thankful for the gift of a great read aloud!
Owen's art makes me happy!  Owen is not an artsy kind of guy.  But when I dig through his book bag on Fridays I am always tickled to see what he makes.
 
Haircuts make us happy!  I showed Owen the before and after shots of his hair and we all had a good chuckle.  The cleaning up after a haircut does not make me happy but I love immediate results and I also love how Meg puts on her apron, gets out her little broom and dust pan and then totally works the comb on Owen's hair!
The Sun makes us Happy...giddy....overjoyed...elated....
Knowing Spring is almost here makes us happy!  So happy Meg and I spelled it with our produce.
 
 
Meg in her dance outfit makes me happy!
So thankful for all the things God puts in one day to make us happy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment