Sunday, February 24, 2013

Finding Treasures!

We started off our weekend by treating ourselves to the food court on Friday night. I gave each of the kids a quarter and they were thrilled to actually use the candy machines!
 
I had seen an advertisement for a Government Warehouse sell.  This sounded like something right up my ally. So off we went in search of the rare, the interesting the deal!!
Lots of glass wear! All pieces were 5 cents!  That's right  5 cents!
Snowboards and skies!
Bowling shoes!!
And then I saw it. A piece that wasn't even marked for sale.  An old metal librarian's book cart!  I asked a lady if she would sell it and she said, sure would you give me $15 dollars for it? I suppressed my squeal and said, "Oh yes, that would be great!"  So out we rolled with our new slightly retro, very unique and oh so me... library cart! 
Meg and I gave her a good Magic Eraser wipe down!
 



Here she is in all her glory... the new art cart!


 
 
 
 
We also bought these little Christmas Trees for a quarter each.
 
I selected these 3 little candle holders.


 
We also stopped by our old Thrift Store in Heidleberg and found all of these items for $1.50.
 
It was a great day.  It was so good to get out, it snowed the whole day and we were thankful to get home safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment