Thursday, June 9, 2011

What happens when I speak German

Picture of Owen in his soccer uniform.  Tonight is the last game of the season!  Go Owen!
Going to McDonalds is such a treat for us because it is a little taste of home.  Well, tonight after Owen's last soccer game of the season and Pascal working late I thought it would be a great time to treat ourselves.  So I pulled up to the drive through and I ordered 1 cheese burger, 1 six piece chicken nuggets and 1 fry.  Well, I noticed on the screen it said 15 cheese burgers! So in my best German I said, "no, 1 cheeseburger please."  Well, when I went to the first window I repeated, "just one cheeseburger and showed 1 finger and the lady made a huffy response back to me and typed things into her computer.....well, we ended up with 9 cheeseburgers, 9 chicken nuggets and no fries. So I think the moral to this story is that I need to work on my numbers in German!   



No comments:

Post a Comment