Monday, June 13, 2011

Reformation

The Ninety-Five Theses

Pascal knows that since we arrived in Germany I have wanted to go to Wittenberg to see where Martin Luther nailed up the ninety-five theses and where he preached.  So we drove the 5 hours and came to the old stomping grounds of the man whom I find so interesting.  He was bold, passionate and fiery....and I like that!  I am so grateful for how God used this man to bring about change.  I really enjoyed my time walking around and taking it all in.
Where he lived and taught.
The actual "door" was being renovated... I was a little disappointed.
Where he was married and preached.


His grave

"The fewer the words, the better the prayer."  Martin Luther

"Music is the art of the prophets, the only art that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us." Martin Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment