Friday, January 28, 2011

Confessions

From this video you will see that throwing birthday parties is not my gift.  I look at other moms who make the most adorable cakes, design cutsy little gift bags and have amazing decorations and I am in awe.  I on the other hand had Owen help me put up a streamer... yes that is correct A Streamer and then it was on to the balloons.  Decorations.....check.
Next presents, we bought Owen a game weeks ago when he was with us and we told him he couldn't have it until his birthday.. this is so cruel.  I am embarressed to say I didn't even wrap it because I figured he already knew what it was. Presents... check.  Next... cake.  We bought one from a German bakery and it was terrible.  Pascal liked it but it wasn't sweet enough for me so the birthday cake was a bomb. But the candles were cool.  The great thing is we enjoyed our little "party" and that is all that counts.  

1 comment:

  1. Always remember it isn't about the things in life OR doing it someone else's right way. It is about the love and caring you share with your kids everyday. You are a very special mom and someday your kids will be old and wise enough to tell you how great you really are. Miss you bunches. Know that you are loved. pam

    ReplyDelete