Monday, January 2, 2017

Best buddies!
Owen met Marvin in Germany while they were in 1st grade together.  They arranged to meet after school at the playground one day and the rest is history!  



Fast forward to today. We managed to meet in NC and let these guys reconnect. 
and this is what middle-schoolers do today....exchange numbers.
 It was such a treat to see these two back together.
 Marvin wrote a letter to Owen and wanted to read it to him.  (as a momma I needed a box of tissues...sniff sniff...sweetest thing ever.  I did manage to video tape him reading it to Owen.  What a special moment!)

Here is the letter.  Owen said I could share it.


Until next time.  I'm going to keep praying that these two will continue their friendship and be roommates in college.

It was a big treat to have my sister in town.  The kids loved playing together.






 We piped in another parade.
 Cutest audience ever!
 It was a very LONG parade... I think about a quarter of the way into the parade blisters formed on my heels and I thought the 2 mile route would never end.


 Meg bringing up the rear!

 It is never easy getting back into routine after a long break.  School is back in session...Prayers appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment