Sunday, February 8, 2015

Quick snap of one of Meg's outfits  - take note of the green flower belt!


 We've been conducting some science experiments.  We always like to practice at home before we head off to school.  We will be doing this one called "Elephant Toothpaste" in both Meg's and Owen's classes this week.

We headed to Wichita to take Owen skating.   This boy could skate for hours. He has the hockey bug!



 We got lucky and caught a high school game.




Below is one of my all time favorite books!!  I love to bring it out around Valentine's Day.  It has such a sweet yet powerful message. I was fortunate to sub last week in the class I worked with for the first 4 weeks of school.  I read it to them.

Mr. Hatch is a man who keeps to himself.  He follows the same routine each day and doesn't really talk to anyone.  One day he receives in the mail a huge package...a heart shaped box filled with candies and a note that simply says,  "Someone Loves You!"  Mr.  Hatch can't believe it!  He decides to start wearing his yellow tie, and talks to all the neighborhood kids, he begins to play his harmonica and begins making friends at work.  Everything about him begins to change until one day the postman comes and tells him he made a terrible mistake and delivered the package to the wrong house.  He asks Mr. Hatch to give the package back.  Mr. Hatch goes back to living the life he lived before he believed anyone cared about him.  It is so sad BUT read the rest book to find out what happens because it is super sweet.


 I always ask kids then to write letters to Mr.  Hatch. Here are a few of my favorites!!



Such sweet letters, right?  Love those fourth graders!!  These little notes just made my day!
Working in First Grade this week, 3 days with a certain student in the room named....MEG!  Super excited about that.  I'm sure I will have some stories to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment