Monday, September 8, 2014

Meg saw this top and said, "Mom, that is totally me."
So we paired it with a thrift store skirt and shoes.  I have been forgetting to post pics of her latest fashions!  She is so clever in pulling off outfits, she knows what she likes.  I showed her some Converse sneakers the other day and said Meg these are really popular.  What do you think?  She said, "No way! those are not me!"
 

My last day doing a long term sub job was on Friday.  It was bitter sweet!  I LOVE being in the classroom and I LOVE the students however, the planning was taking a toll on my family.  These were old letters I saved when I left the classroom 9 years ago.  I pulled them out and used them again during the past four weeks.  I have decided to hang on to them, I think I may need them again!
 I also dug out and dusted off some of my old teaching stuff.  The students always enjoy this homemade book I made.




I love student notes.  This one was left on my desk one day.

I would find these through out my lesson plan book Meg would sneak them in!

This is another one from the same little guy on the last day of school.
 
This one is from a student that stole my heart!  He was an amazing reader, talented writer super bright little guy but I was warned ahead of time he had behavior issues last year.  We kinda came to an understanding and really had a good way of communicating with each other.   One day he did loose his temper and had an outburst.  I asked him to eat lunch with me.  Later, I found this on my desk.

 The students presented me with a beautiful book on the last day of school by one of my favorite authors!  They also threw me a party in the library and celebrated with coke floats!

                                   This little note made me laugh.....oh the power of spelling!
                                             My heart is missing the classroom and all those kids today but I know my place is still with my own two little kids that need me everyday.  I love knowing I will be back up there next week.  This sub thing looks like a good way to have the best of both worlds!

Fall is in the air here in KS!  We are super excited!  Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment