Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I love notes! 
Today, when I was cleaning I found several of these little notes written by Meg. When I asked Meg about them she said, "Yes, mom, I like being Me!" 

Owen has an agenda book where he writes down his homework daily.  I started writing a little note to him every morning before he heads off to school.  I thought it was sweet that his teacher wrote her own note on this one. 
                                    Sometimes, he writes me back!
                                                                He wrote back on this one too!
                                        
My notes from Mr. Rogers are super special to me.  I am a huge fan of Mr. Rogers and he always wrote me back when I wrote him.  I keep his letters in a special place and  I framed one.
                                                 This note stays in my Bible.  It was written by my mentor teacher Mrs. Dickinson who passed away from cancer.  She had  a profound influence on my life as a teacher.  To her I will be forever grateful!  I love the last line of her note!
 This note I also keep tucked in my Bible.  It's from Papa and Nana.  I love the first line, "You are sweeter than honey in a honey comb!"
 This note was from Daniel.  He wrote this on the outside of the envelope and it has been a real encouragement to me!
 Meg is great note writer and she leaves them for me all over the place. I found this one tucked in my Bible.


Yesterday, I subbed in a 2nd grade class and it was by far the hardest class I have had to work with.  I came away super discouraged.  The class was so difficult to manage.  Right before the teacher left for her meeting she told me to keep my bag behind her desk because one particular little girl would steal things. I found her going through by bag at one point.  I took her out into the hall and told her I would love to show her what was in my bag if she would ask me.  To go in my bag without permission was very rude.  I said could you please ask me to show you what's in my bag.  She nodded.  She was disruptive the entire time and I felt like the afternoon was a disaster but when I got home I found a note from her and another girl in the class.  They were probably the ones I called down the most and had to discipline the most.  But this note made me smile.

                                     
                             And then their are notes from my Savior.  Words that encourage!

 
I love notes!   I'm subbing tomorrow in Kindergarten and I'm going to take a moment to find that girl who looked in my bag and I'm going to give her a note!  A note that will hopefully make her smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment