Wednesday, July 23, 2014

An update!  Last week we decided to head to a zoo just about 20 minutes away.  I thought I would come away with some great pictures for the blog.  It was a very small zoo, we first headed over to see the monkeys, we looked high and low but no monkeys could be found.  Next stop the lion, as we approached we saw a sign that said, the lion had recently passed away.  We did see a turtle, some birds and the grounds were beautiful.  When we got in the car, I felt Owen summed it up best by saying, "Mom, that was a great place to have a picnic." 
 
 My one and only picture of an animal!
 I had a race over the weekend called the Prairie Run.  This was my 9th road race this year.  I ran 8 in AZ and this was my first here in KS. I really enjoyed it and was so glad the weather had cooled down a bit last week.  There were two days in the 70's and it was so cool we didn't even go swimming.  This week there are heat advisories.  104 today and 107 on Friday!!
 Our household goods ARRIVED!!!  We were so thrilled to see that BIG truck pull up to deliver our stuff.  The boxes were overwhelming. 

 I took pictures of the kid's rooms because they are put together for the most part.  All the boxes are unpacked.  I thought I cleaned and got rid of stuff before we left AZ but I hauled another load to the Salvation Army yesterday! 



 Owen's Room!
 I had a brainstorm to put his bed up on the antique dry sink from Grammy.!  You should have seen the look on the mover's faces when I asked them to take it to the attic.  I felt bad asking them to take it up all those stairs but I think it makes for a super cool bed!
 Owen's room doesn't have a closet so this is what we came up with it.



And that's a wrap!  More pictures to come as we get the rest of the house in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment