Monday, January 13, 2014

 
Every morning at 7:30 I drop Owen off at Marvin's house so they can walk to school together.  This is such a gift! Best friends are a treasure!

                    and they're off!
 
I have been slack on posting picture of Meg and her outfits. While I am dropping off Owen she gets herself ready.  I bought her some body spray and lotion for Christmas and she is super into that right now!  On Christmas day I asked her if I could cut her hair and she let me!  It is not perfect but it is the length we like. 

She was given an assignment this week to wear something on Friday with 100 items on it.  This is to celebrate being in school 100 days.  This is the perfect kind of assignment for Meg!  We've done some brainstorming and we are heading to Hobby Lobby this afternoon with some money in our pocket (thank you Amy and Aunt Nela!) to get a few supplies.  Stay posted to see what Meg comes up with!
 
A few weeks ago we received our shipment of everything we didn't take to Germany.  It has been 3 1/2 years since we have seen that stuff.  All electronics stayed behind as well as lots of furniture, books, a few toys and lots of dishes.  I felt so overwhelmed when the truck pulled up.  Pascal was thrilled to see his books and Scottish stuff and we had no idea what was in most of the boxes.  I sifted and sorted through all the stuff and have been making numerous trips to the thrift store to consign items.  They know me by name at the thrift store now and I always feel like we have settled in when that happens!   Anyway, I was happy to get our bread machine back.  I've been cranking out some bagels!
 Grammy's rocker didn't quite make it. SIGH......it happens every time we move, you just brace yourself and know it's coming.  It is a huge pain to file a claim in order to repair it sooooo I set out this week to do it myself.  I almost got it all reupholstered last night! (and come to find out it was much easier to reupholster the broken arm than the other arm...so there was a hidden blessing in that broken arm!)  More to come on that project!
Meg got into the art closet this weekend and she emerged with this little creation!  I thought it was so creative.  She gave it to Pascal and he sits on his desk.  It just makes me smile.  I think this may be the only snowman we see this year in AZ.
 

On the last day of school for Christmas Break I was cleaning out Owen's book bag and found this little guy. He totally cracks me up!  He has such personality.  I told Owen I really liked this picture.  I am keeping him on the fridge. 
 
I will close with a few shots Owen took.  When I download pictures on the computer I am always surprised with a few pictures that I didn't know Owen had taken.
 


 
These pictures would be so great made into a story.  I will have to get Owen onto that!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment