Friday, November 18, 2011

Owen has a break from school

Owen had Thursday and Friday off this week.  So when it is cold and we don't have any family nearby to hang with I ask the Lord for ideas and this is what we did.  We visited the Library, washed, vaccumed and jet sprayed the car, went to the German AND Base Recycling centers, played at the playground, visited the Thrift Store, read a bunch of books, ran and rode our bikes and then finished the day by visiting the Paint Your Own Pottery studio on base.  Whew!
The kids got to select an item to paint... this was a hard decision!
Meg chose a cross.
Owen chose a star.
Here are our final pieces with a green glaze on them.  When fired the green glaze will disappear.  I will post pictures to let you know how they turned out.  These are Christmas gifts.  
This year we ordered almost all of our gifts online.  The prices here are just too expensive.  The Germans are known for their wooden toys and I did spot this one in a little gift shop in Frankfurt.  It had Owen's name all over it.  I also secretly think I will really enjoy it.  Doesn't it look fun? And that little bell?... Well, it will be super cool if we can get it to work. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Grace what a fun day- I find myself praying lots about what to do with two 2 year olds...the other day we went to Sams in hendersonville, shopped around, packed up drove all the way to Asheville Kohls, shopped, packed up got Chick-fil-a, came home unloaded the car, fought two boys up the stairs, only to find the clock to say 11:30....oh my what a long morning and I still had a WHOLE day ahead of me :)...love you -B

    ReplyDelete