Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Weekly Round-Up



This week we landed in Urgent Care.  Owen had another run in with poison oak.  The poor kid has had such a time with this out here on the West Coast.  There were patches on his face, arms and legs.  I called the doctor and they were booked out so off to urgent care we went and little did we know the adventure we would have.  
 I will start our Urgent Care Adventure by saying Owen and Meg are super close.  They always have been and are very much a team.  Well at Urgent Care the doctor took one look at Owen and told him he would be giving him TWO shots!  This information unnerved Meg.  First of all it really upset her that Owen (her buddy) was going to be getting two shots and she felt so badly for him.   Secondly, Meg does not do well with medical procedures.  As the nurse was prepping/giving Owen his shots we were in the hall waiting but it proved too much for Meg and she passed out!
The nurse went running for a wheel chair.  Poor Owen in the meantime is in the exam room and when I wheel Meg into check on him he was white as a ghost.  The nurse told me the shots made him nauseated and he was about to pass out so she made him lay down. I'm trying to fan both the kids with magazines and tell them to take deep breaths. The whole time I am just praying.  We are not use to this kind of drama.  It was a little too much to take in.  We kids finally recoup enough to hobble to the car.  We got in the car and just said a prayer!  Whew!! What an ordeal.  I promptly drove to  McDonalds to get the kids ice-cream cones!  What a day, needless to say school went out the window.
What a day that was!

This is a typical scene in our neighborhood.   Boys.... they just crack me up!

 Then there are the girls!
 On this particular day they found a box in the Recycle bin, and painted it to look like this.  I didn't ask questions.

 Thank goodness Meg can love up on Cutie!
 I picked up another humming bird feeder at a thrift store.
 One of our little hummers got stuck in our garage. We tried so hard to nurse him back to health even bringing him inside during the night but he didn't make it.  The next day I walked outside and the the kids in the neighborhood had made this for him.  They buried him and had a little service.
 The mail out here is crazy. It took almost 2 months for Meg to get her birthday package from Switzerland but it was super special when it arrived.
 This place is a true experience.  Last Chance Mercantile also known as "the dump".  It is located right beside the dump and they rescue things that people throw away and sell them here.  I love places like this.  This week I said, "hey kids lets go to Last Chance Mercantile it will be fun."  Owen said, "Yea, mom the dump is awesome."  This was said with quite a bit of sarcasm.  Anyway, I enjoyed it!
 Just look at all this coolness
 I was really eyeing this bike.  It had "Legacy" painted on it. All the more reason I wanted it.  I couldn't fit this gem in my car. (sigh)
and that's our excitement for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment