Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Weekly Round-Up

Meg with her buddy Stephen.  You can't help but leave the barn feeling happy because Meg gets so much joy being with horses.  




 The kids showed me a new trail in our neighborhood.
 evening walks  - good for the body, good for the soul
 We found some Born boots this week at Goodwill!  Totally a God thing!  He saved these boots for Meg.  Another lady was carrying them around the store and we heard a man telling her how she had found a very expensive pair of boots.  Well, Meg and I were just doing our thing and she walked right next to us and put them back on the shelf and said, "I'm really trying to not buy things that don't fit, and these boots are nice but they are too big for me."  Meg said, "Can I try them?" and she said, "I'm not buying them."  and guess what.... they fit Meg!  Thank you Lord for boots!! Only $9.00!

 Sweet Amy sent us three books to enjoy!  She knows books are our thing!  I truly don't know what can be more thrilling than getting a package of books!  Thank you Amy!  Adding these to our collection!  Started the Growly series today!

 We had an off day at school one day this week so when that happens we go and buy a pizza.  Why you ask?  Because pizza just makes an off day a little better.  
 and then we went to a book sale at a local library.  Here is our little stack of goodies.  We love book sales.  I get excited when I pull into the parking lot.  It is the only time the kids will hear me say, "No limits!! Buy whatever you want!!"  The kids didn't find anything but I found a few teacher books.
 This picture tickles me.  I walked downstairs and saw this... this is all Meg's doing.  She has a little creative heart.  I told her later how much I liked the center piece!  She said, "Me too! And I grew most of those things!"
 Meg's horseback riding teacher invited us out to the farm where she works.  We so enjoyed it.  They have 3 mini horses.  They are wearing little mask to keep the flies away - they were the cutest.

 Meg getting ready to ride a new horse.


 Owen made a friend - Ollie


 Meg and the minis
 meet Molly



pizza, books, boots and mini horses... Thank you Lord for sprinkling the mundane week with sweet gifts that lift our spirits and keep us going.

No comments:

Post a Comment