Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Weekly Round-Up

We said Good-bye to the Citadel last week.  

Meg has one final riding lesson before we leave and she is going to be so sad.  She has loved her riding teacher and the sweet horses Jesse and Casper.  

 Owen and Meg love to build these fantastic domino mazes while I read.
 Easter packages from Switzerland = chocolate!! You would be amazed to see how fast these goodies disappear!!  Thank you P'tite Mom!!

 It is a tradition to get these sweet little Swiss Coop chocolate bunnies.  I heard Owen say to Meg, "Don't eat the white ones or Dad will get super mad."  Pascal always claims the white chocolate ones!!
 We are super excited to try this pasta that Pascal's cousin makes.  P'tite Mom heads over to her place once a week and helps her package it.  They grind their own wheat to make it and it cooks in only 2 min.  We can't wait to try this!!
 Meg got a flat tire this week and we were hoping a good pump-up would fix it but the next morning it was completely flat again.  boo - to flat tires    Meg is on her bike a lot!  Immediate new tire on agenda for this week!!
 Sometimes little kids come over to watch Owen play hockey.  Owen brought this little guy in the house to get some water and I heard the little guy say, "Owen you're the best" as he walked out.

 On Easter we headed to the beach for a few hours
 Last week we took the kids to see the Billy Graham Library - and we so enjoyed this outing.
 Meg and I loved the house he grew up in.  We thought the kitchen was so sweet.
 We took the tour and thought it was super well done.



 at the end you can walk around the gift shop but check out his personal library held in glass cases above the gift shop.  Over three thousands of his books.  I loved this.



 We treated ourselves to some ice-cream from the Dairy Bar when the tour was over.


 It was such a great experience to visit this place - I must see for anyone in the area!!
 You can only imagine how excited I was to see this when I was out on a walk.
 But when I picked it up I found this.......and then I was only half excited!  I brought it home and told Owen I found some money on my walk and he could have it!!  He wasn't even half-way excited.
Only a few days of normalcy left.  Big changes ahead.  It doesn't quite feel real yet  I think it will feel super real when the moving truck pulls into our driveway.  Hello April we are a little nervous you are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment