Sunday, January 7, 2018

Snow Up-Date



Meg and Owen worked hours on a snow fort.  Meg and her friend made snow "bricks"

They then transported them to Owen "the builder" who paid $3 per brick.  Three Magnolia leaves constituted as money.  They had quite a system.  
 making bricks
 transporting
 The snow fort is beginning to take shape


 Working

Construction meeting
 Their faces are so funny in this picture.  I was telling them to come inside to eat and they are are like ...."Mom, we are working."


Completed snow fort.... this may not look like much but it took hours of labor.  They would come in with bright red faces and freezing cold hands.  Late one evening while I was in the kitchen I happen to look outside and see some neighborhood kids knocking down their fort. You should have seen how fast I jumped into my shoes and ran out the door telling those kids to play somewhere else!  I told the kids they owed me a few Magnolia dollars for doing guard duty.  "Momma says, "don't mess with the fort."


I paid them in chocolate chip cookies for their hard work on the fort!
hoorah for snow forts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment