Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Reber Round - Up!


It has been a busy couple of weeks.  We headed to the East Coast to visit family and made stops at the beach and in DC.


Our first stop:  Charleston, SC
The Citadel 










                                                                 Next stop the beach!









Pascal's Birthday!!
 We then started the trip to Washington with a quick stop by Mt. Airy.  Home of Andy Griffith.  Meg and Owen are big fans of the show.  The kids love watching Barney and Andy!!


 It was cool to see real items that sat on Andy's desk in the show!!




 Otis

 Owen was super excited to see the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford, VA.










 Arlington was the next stop where we got to see the Changing of the Guard.





 We walked a ton!!  Miles and miles and then a few more miles!!
 Botanical Gardens!



 and a stop by Williamsburg.  I failed to get picture here because......



 we met up with our bestie neighbors from Fort Riley!! The kids were thrilled to see their old buddies!!  We were so blessed to have them as neighbors and we hope our paths cross again!!

on a funny note....on one of my thrifting days I spotted this band uniform!  My brother Chris is the king of costumes.  I took a picture of it and texted it to him saying it could be this years Halloween costume.  Well, I decided to ask the clerk how much it would be because it wasn't marked.  The lady said, "well, it is two pieces.... so it would cost $2.00!!  I couldn't not pass this up so I totally bought this for the grand price of $2.00!!  My brother was all smiles!!  can't wait until October to see the "Drum Major" in full form!! This gives him plenty of time to work on a hat and baton!
 my Dad decided to try on the jacket.
such fun and we made loads of memories.  Summer of 2016 we will miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment