Saturday, August 1, 2015

What we've been up to:

The kids love playing pioneers. They head off into the field and build a campsite.

"fire"
                                                                       "camp"
                                                               "food"
                                                                      "oven"
                                                                        they loves this bridge

                                                             they carry water to their campsite
                                            A fashion shot of Ms. Meg.  Loving the clutch!
 We headed to the zoo last weekend and because it was so hot it was 1/2 price!  It was super hot and I failed to take pictures!

 We just love our neighbors!  We have seen moving truck after moving truck.  There are lots of people moving and this makes us sad!
 I always make a big batch of pancakes so I can freeze them for Owen.

 We have been studying Ancient Egypt and Meg wanted to dress up as an Egyptian!  Here is our attempt!  (she made sandals all by herself)
 I've been reading a book about how boys and girls learn differently.  They said in the book that boys often draw verbs and girls draw nouns.  I decided to look at a few of the kids drawings and I couldn't believe how true this was!  Owen always draw action!! and Meg often draws things.
Here are a few of Owen's drawings:









                                                 and Meg's drawings:



 I hosted a ladies tea and the kids helped me make some Big Red One banners.
 Meg saw this hat at the thrift store and said, "Mom, I am splurging today and buying this! It is my style!"

 I saw this winter snow tube at the thrift store for $2.00!  I bought it thinking come winter the kids will love this.  Owen looked it up online and it didn't get very good reviews.  but I figure if it buys 20 min. of fun it was worth $2.00!

And below is a little video of some books we have read in the past months.

No comments:

Post a Comment