Friday, May 9, 2014

 
A Meg outfit with a dash of her personality!
 
I helped Meg's class make tie dyed tee shirts

 
            I've been going in every week or so and doing Science Experiments with the kids.
                    The kids really seemed to enjoy the lessons.  Here is a recap of some we did:

                                                       Which cans of soda sink or float.

                                                The effects of food coloring, milk and soap
 
"Dancing Raisins"  The kids loved seeing what happened when we dropped some raisins in Sprite.
 
                                This week we made silly putty.  I got lots of  ewwwws and ahhhhs!
                          It was quite cool to mix some glue with Borax and see the magic happen!
 
                                One of Meg's little friends made a necklace with hers.



Owen gave me a few Mother's Day items he made at school.  I couldn't wait to see what he wrote.  I am always very curious what 9 year old little boys think

      When he handed me this letter he said, "I really enjoy the bacon you make me in the morning!"
 
and this pretty oil pastel painting.  This comes with a story.  Years ago when we lived in Saluda,  Owen and Pascal would often take walks in the evening and he loved to bring me back Daffodils.  To this day if he sees one he will say, "Mom, remember when I use to pick those for you."  So when he handed me this picture he said, "Do you remember Mom?" 
 
Oh I remember buddy, I remember it like it was yesterday!
 
and that's a wrap!  We are on the count down for school ending and the move. In less than 3 weeks the packing truck will be in our driveway!

No comments:

Post a Comment