Saturday, March 17, 2012

Reading to Owen's class

This week Meg and I went to Owen's school to read to his class.  We chose two of our favorite books.
In Enemy Pie a little boy learns an effective recipe for turning a best enemy into a best friend.  This books serves up a sweet lesson in friendship!
Raising Dragons has a special place in my heart.  It is about a little girl who knows she is meant to raise dragons.
"It was love at first sight." 'Hey there, li'l feller, welcome to the world,' I sang, soft and low.  As I stroked his nose, a sweet little purring whimper came from him.  As I touched skin to scale, I knew I was his girl and he was my dragon.  I named him Hank.

The family lives on a farm and while harvesting the corn they have so much they don't know what to do with it.  That is until Hank breaths on it and make it into dragon-popped popcorn!


Meg helped me fill individual bags of popcorn for the students.  After we read the stories we handed out Hank's very own, "dragon popped popcorn!"  I think it went over well, we took a vote on which book was the best and the whole class voted that they loved both books! 


1 comment:

  1. Oh Grace I wish you were here to read those book to the boys, they would love it! Jaden's favorite book is the "Press Here"Book you sent him, in fact, it is in his bed...he sleeps with it!
    Love you- B

    ReplyDelete